Weapon heat damage idea

Hello I was wondering if giving blades/arrows and daggers a heat buff during the day in whispering dunes would be a cool idea, I mean, if a player is exposed for 3 secs to the sun his sword/dagger/arrow will heat and have a dmg buff.

swords:
1st hit: 60% dmg buff 2nd hit: 20% dmg buff

daggers:
1st hit: 30% dmg buff 2nd attack: 10% dmg buff

arrows:
1st hit: 10% dmg buff 2nd hit: 5% dmg buff

(percentage is choosen by how much iron/metal the weapon has so it’s logic)

what do y’all think about it? Probably even make arrows sometimes have a fire dps like meteor strike.

Make this occurence hingent on the same conditions as Heat Exhaustion, so that you can’t just wear Portable Water and cheese the heck out of this.

But… what about mages?

thatll be interesting to see

they’re alr op

hold up let me wait 10 seconds to blink over there with argument

but… buffing all classes other than mages in the game for no reason (as in, there were no balance issues previously) would be unbalanced, even if it were only in the dunes.

Mages are already unbalanced.

Have you SEEN the way a Warlock meta is played? Spam Pillage Vitality and Dark Ritual.

Also, Sorcerer meta deals ridiculous damage, seriously one of their skills deals more damage than Ranger’s Stance if both are maxed (I have a +14 Tuaa Bow, a Sorcerer with a +7 Chitin Scythe dealt more DPS than my 10k-per-shot Ranger’s Stance).

I could see this working, but it should apply in badlands (if its even added) aswell, and maybe Tal-Rey’s tomb.

The only problem is that it would make the dunes possibly easy to cheese, I mean imagine caustic wounds + burning debuff.

easy, if wearing spider dagger heat dammage won’t work or will just buff by a 10% the first hit.
also for mages I think transforming thunder call into some fire strikes would be noice @MemesterLii it will have 30% more dmg than the normal thundercall.

1 Like

Last I recall, Spider fangs are not metal.

The weapons I would say to be metal and could be affected are:

• All warrior shop weapons
  • Vesra’s Eviscerator
  • Terul’s Talon
  • No bows
  • Daggers other than Wooden and Spider Fang.

Nice :+1:

k I actually agree with that (ALSO IF A PLAYER EQUIPS A WOODEN DAGGER IT WILL BE BURNED AND DESTROYED MUAHAHAHAHA)

also to make it more salt and evil make so it applies the burning/on fire/ablaze debuff to the player if they use a wooden dagger/wooden sword.

warriors become fryed egg :sunny:

Add it to other wooden weapons, such as Wooden Sword, Oak Axe, Rake, etc. Weapons that are technically metal but are primarily wood.