Changes to Come
We all know it by now. There’s much to be done, and that’s not an understatement. From my experiences, and from those of many others, Vesteria is quite riddled with bugs and balancing issues, and is missing plenty of promised content. In this post, I’ll go over every single bug, issue with balancing, missing feature, and suggestion made for Vesteria and give my opinions on them to help with the development process. I’ll provide my own opinion about how fixing certain issues could be done and provide what I believe should be prioritized before other things. If I miss anything, please reply with it.
Consider this a megathread if you will, for posts about bugs, suggestions, and balancing. I won’t rant from here on, and please be civilized in the replies. The primary purpose of this post, however, is to provide a more easily understood roadmap of changes that should happen to Vesteria (yes, this is targeted at Berezaa and the others).
Final disclaimer, remember these are my opinions and they will have bias.
Spiders aren’t insects but here’s some bugs
Vesteria has quite a few bugs. Heck, just search on the forums and there’s a bunch. I’ll do my best here to list as many bugs as possible, and try to link them to their source post. If there is no post, I’ll report them as original. I’ll also detail how important it is the bug gets fixed, since some are worse than others.
Priority list: Visual, Minor, Moderate, Major
- Glowing Items that aren’t yours.
- Reduced shop prices from Charismatic don’t display (still works though).
- Dye gets glitchy on certain items, like Moglo Mask and Spider Crown.
- Status effects randomly disappear.
- Out-of-body Glitch has something to do with “ghost” players that aren’t actual players.
- Travelling almost always says you’re going to Mushtown with Mushroom Forest background.
- Exact Mushcoin balance doesn’t show.
- Pressing Interact can return camera control from a part where it’s forced (e.g. cutscenes).
- Weapon trails are a bit small, especially on Warrior weapons.
- Drinking animation for items that aren’t food/drink.
- Stat perks don’t play a sound.
- Level doesn’t display properly in Testing Realm.
- Negative stats don’t do the [++] thing properly (@Arcwaysis)
- Portals break if you try to go through them right after joining the game.
- Magic Missile can’t target.
- Trading doesn’t go through if either players collect an item during countdown.
- Hearth doesnt work, but no one uses it anyways.
- Fast Hands doesn’t work.
- Leaving Shroompocalypse teleports you to Enchanted Forest.
- Fishing doesn’t work at all.
- You use stamina while holding shift even if not moving.
- You can inspect yourself.
- Many skills can free you from movement locking (e.g. cutscenes, NPC blocking you from moving).
- Guardian Explosion deals no damage.
- Players leaving parties via taximan, runes or death still show up in party.
- Greedy gives 14% instead of 15%.
- Bowstring visible during Shadow Walk.
- Dyes need an update to work; you need to unequip or re-equip an item, or upgrade an item for them to work. Dye item persists in inventory and only disappears once the item is updated.
- Players can appear twice in a Guild if they log on on two different classes.
- Combat Roll can send you flying extremely fast.
- Combat Roll can lock your stamina so it constantly decreases.
- Respawn in the lobby in SQR.
- Chest containing Pirate hat can drop the Strange Tablet.
- Icicle, Ravager Vest, and Colo Weapons only have 3 upgrade attempts.
- Shadow Walk doesn’t increase damage.
- Infinite vertical range on Shadow Flurry.
- Highest-level player of party in SQR doesn’t teleport in 3rd room.
Remember, make sure to correct me if there are any bugs that I missed, or if any had been fixed. If there’s a post for a bug that I already have here but didn’t include the link to, post it and I’ll add the link.
Not added yet? Here it is!
Another thing Vesteria has plenty of is yet-to-be-added features. I’ll list them here, along with possible suggestions to implement them if there’s trouble with that. The priorities here are made by me and follow my beliefs on how important they are.
Priority list: It can wait, it should be worked on, URGENT ADDITION
It could wait, but it’d be nice.
- Storage Upgrades!
- Boundary Keeper!
- Rubee Stinger (Sword)!
- Batty Dagger!
- Tier 2 Colosseum Weapons!
- Guild Wars and Guild Territories!
- Dungeon Keys!
- Colosseum PvE rework
Hey, this could use some more work right now.
- Guild stash and upgrades (if it’s difficult to add, have you tried storing Guild data outside of Roblox entirely and instead load it from an external data storage? Is this possible?)!
- April Fools event!
- Healing giving EXP!
- Colosseum Bow!
ADD NOW OR ELSE BAD
- Ravager Vest Perk (Hunters love stamina, maybe give them some more with this?)!
- Whispering Dunes!
- Ranger Stance auto-attack!
There’s plenty more that hasn’t been teased, make sure to reply with the stuff I missed!
My Personal Suggestions
Of course, this can’t be a biased post unless it has my own content in it. Here’s my ideas on how to improve Vesteria.
- Allow stack splitting (in half, rather than 1 at a time) by right-clicking a stack like in Minecraft.
- Guild upgrades, please! I’m begging and I want them so badly but I can’t have them
- Change Prayer of Comfort from 6-12 HP/second to 0.4-0.8% player’s max HP per second.
- Restore full automatic attacking, there’s honestly little good reason to have manual attack.
- Nerf Hail of Arrows damage per tick, overall it deals insane DPS right now.
- If Clerics are going to have roughly equal DPS as most other classes, it shouldn’t be able to as easily heal during combat; perhaps require that a Cleric not be hit for 2-3 seconds before healing.
- Tanking as a Knight should give some EXP, but not much (same with healing as Cleric/Paladin)
- Perhaps replace Hearth with something more people would use, e.g. maybe +3 HP per level (so at level 30 you’d get 90 bonus HP, 150 at level 50).
- Having pages in Storage rather than scrolling could better optimize it (having too many items lags you) and would make adding upgrades much easier, since it could instead be added by pages.
- Use older Level Suppression and Permadeath ideas in the Death Penalty.
- Don’t lock level changing in Testing Realm, instead just require you reset stats and skills before changing levels, so you could downgrade without fully resetting, and being able to do, for example, level 45 to 50 rather than 45 to 10 to 30 to 50 and then re-applying all stats and skills.
- Buff Moko Maul.
- Buff Tuaa Staff or Nerf Webbed Staff or tomes are cool too, credit to @Alecazam.
- It’s very easy to access Nilgarf early; you can walk right past the guard or climb the walls.
If I think up anything more, I’ll add it here.
I’ll take the extra step and allow you guys to also add suggestions! If it won’t fit in the first two categories (bugs or missed additions) and I like it I’ll add it here! Just know my standards are pretty high…
I’ll make sure to credit you if I add something of yours here.
I hope you guys enjoy this post; although it may not actually add much to the forums per say, I hope it better becomes a medium for people to add their own opinions and ideas without needing to make a new topic if it doesn’t have enough support. Topics get shot down if they don’t have enough reasoning and evidence, so this is the perfect area to simply make a suggestion and see what others think.
Thanks for reading, and I hope you guys find some inspiration here!