Runes - the new currency

Have a bunch of Mushcoin stored up that you’re afraid of losing next update because you have 0 VIT?

Don’t worry, just buy stacks of Nilgarf Runes!

• Stable and well-scaled conversion rate: With shopkeepers always selling them at 5 Silver, the currency won’t inflate worse than silver already has. Everyone (besides adventurers, but they won’t be worrying about mushcoin stockpiles) has access to them.

• Use as trading currency! Easy conversion rates and a stack rate of 99 means that you can easily trade with your local ancient or cursed scroll dealer!

• Quick access to Taximan Dave! Worried that you’ll be stuck on Forsaken waiting for the Wayfarer? Just teleport!

• Death penalty and tax free! Dying won’t drop your runes! The Nilgarf bank will actually store them for you, too!

I was thinking of something like this lol. Just gotta keep it in a hidden community.

The more people that accept runes as a trading currency, the more useful it becomes as a trading currency.

I’m not sure what you mean by it should be community limited.

1 Like

runes will be valued at 5 silver which is a good trading denomination

need 200s? give em 40 nilgarf runes

1 Like

btw this isnt a response to this post i think, its just a reaction to someone making up a solution to the tax, which this post similarly does

1 Like

Good idea! I might stack up on Nilgarf runes now

Problem: You cant divide stacks or just take one out, so you give them your max amount every time. How does this work?

berezaaToday at 9:11 PM
we will improve stack separation

And assuming that stack separation doesn’t come out immediately, you can actually divide things In half in inventory by holding leftclick and rightclicking on an empty slot.

however, only 2 flaws:

1. not backed up by 5s or even 1s, 300 bronze is the sell price
    this is a problem because people might not value runes while trading and if no one likes the system, you can’t sell them to the market and you’ll end up broke

2. use slot used up, so you can’t exactly get stacks and stacks and stacks without losing tons of storage space in nilgarf or missing out on scrolls or other consumabels you may carry

I have 97 Warrior tune and 47 Mage rune and have no Nilgarf rune…

Sad life

I mean like not everyone should know abt it. Like it should just be a discord server of some people selling stuff for runes lol.

I mean they are runes, people will buy em because people visit Nilgarf a lot. Even if no one buys, just use them yourself, its pretty handy

I got 10+ stacks of Nilgarf :slight_smile:

Cool flex

And how are you gonna use the runes ;-;
I aint gonna use my 200RUNES for the Crown im selling soon i guess ;-;
Somethng that will be more often used would be nice.
Still very good though.

use slot used up, so you can’t exactly get stacks and stacks and stacks without losing tons of storage space in nilgarf or missing out on scrolls or other consumabels you may carry

Which is why I chose runes, which go up to 99.

this is a problem because people might not value runes while trading and if no one likes the system, you can’t sell them to the market

Which is why I’m pushing for runes to become a currency. Mushcoin’s base value comes from shopkeepers buying and selling, same should go for player sellers.

you can get 99 stacks i already knew, but use space gets used if too much is bought, and its pretty valuable space ngl

im not saying itd fail just that in the bad case

ita not entirely bad but those are 2 flaws, especially if you value use slots more than etc and like safety (so guardian cores can be used)

since i carry tons of use items like pots, buff pots, and scroll space to collect valuable scrolls if i get a drop, i rather use etc slots

im not against the idea, there are just flaws that needs to be pointed our so people dont blindly jump into it

Despite this new secondary currency of Runes possibly having extremely positive consequences on the economy and market, it will take almost forever for every player to adapt unless the developers or Berezaa himself exposes this method to the playerbase. It’s only the really important peeps like Ber and the devs, that the majority of players would care about and place value on their opinions.
So for all of this to really become a serious thing to Vesteria, you gotta get, the owner Berezaa to know about the Runes currency and really advocate it.