New quest: treasure hunt trouble (updated)

This is an updated version of the original post because I wanted to get a little more of other people’s thoughts

So I had the idea that a new side quest could be added that would allow a different kind of quest for those of us who’ve gotten board doing the same old thing all the time so here is my idea!

the quest will start by talking to a man found in the great cross roads who is found leaning against a wall next to the shop wearing some jeans and a red and white striped shirt with a baseball cap and blond hair who’s name is John. (Required level for quest is 28-32 and up) when speaking to john he will say “hey’ya fellow! Clear sky’s today huh?” They player player can then ask him if he has any work for the player by saying “Are you in need of a hand?” John will then say “hmm. Yeah I think I do. You see, I lost some of my stuff while exploring about. Think you can help me find them?” “The last place I remember having my glove was at red wood pass…” the player will then start the quest treasure hunt trouble. The quest description states “John has lost some of his stuff while wandering about the world. He wants you to help him find them” the player will then head to read wood pass I order to search for the lost items. The first item (which is a baseball glove) Can be found at under the bridge just past the Warrior encampment. You can then take the glove back to john and he will reward you with some and 5 protein shakes (I will explain this other items later). The next part of the quest (yes this is a multi part quest) will begin after a 12 hour wait/cool down and John will then ask the player to go find his ball with is somewhere in scalp shores. The ball can be found next to the cabin where foxtrot is found. The ball can be picked up by interacting with it. The player can then take the ball back to john and will be rewarded 20 silver and a performance booster. After the 12 hour cool down the player can then go to john and get the last part of the quest. John will ask the player to find his bat which he left in the enchanted forest. The bat an be found laying behind Albert figgleglasses wagon. The player can the pick up the bat and take it to john who will then reward the player with 4 possible weapons based on the players class (Warrior gets the wooden bat, mage gets the base ball staff, and hunter has the choice of the little league (dagger) or the pitcher (bow)
Once the player is fine she’s with the quest John will become a mini merchant selling items and will give out mini quests asking the player to go find some more items he lost such as pop corn, World Cup photo, etc found in different locations such as mushroom forest, mushroom grotto, warrior stronghold, nilgarf, etc and will appear in random spots to keep things fresh (repeatable every 6 hours) that when Completed will give a special currency called tickets that can be used to buy the other weapon from the quest and special consumables (extra stuff may be added in the future)

Shop:
•protein shake=2 tickets
•performance booster=4 tickets
•base ball cap=100 tickets
•wooden bat=150 tickets
•baseball staff=150 tickets
•little league=150 tickets
•pitcher=150 tickets

Items
• protein shake: this is a consumable that gives + 2 to every stat for 5 minutes. 2 tickets
• performance booster: this is a consumable that gives +4 to every stat for 2 minutes. 4 tickets
• baseball cap: This is a head gear that gives +10 to Dex +5 to Str and +1 stamina. This can be bought from John for 100 tickets after completing the quest. This can be worn by all classes
• wooden bat: This is the weapon that can be obtained after the quest if compleat and has a base damage of 100-150 and has an equipment perk called batter up! which (I have two ideas for this) idea 1: the player can hold left click to charge a shot that will toss a base ball up in The air and when left click is released the player then hits the ball at said target doing 100-300 base damage . Idea 2: this comes in the form of an ability that is basically idea 1 but in ability form.
• base ball staff: This is the weapon that can be obtained after the quest if compleat and has a base damage of 70-105 and has an equipment perk called multi bounce! This perk is an ability that will shoot 3 mini mage bombs in different directions that will bounce of walls and make a mini Explosion dealing half the damage of a mage bomb and in a smaller Radius then a mage bomb.
• little league (dagger): This is the weapon that can be obtained after the quest if compleat and has a base damage of 92-110 and has an equipment perk called curve ball which is an ability that throws 3-5 daggers that fly out in different directions and curve around to hit one single enemy or multiple enemy’s doing 50-120 base damage per dagger.
•pitcher (bow): This is the weapon that can be obtained after the quest if compleat and has a base damage of 80-110 and a equipment perk called foul play which is a passive ability to where every 10th shot will cause a 20% movement speed decrease for 30 seconds

NOTE: It should be noted that I Designed these weapons to Heavily compete with the forsaken island gear

I hope you take this in to account for a new quest in vesteria. I am open to suggestions!
This is just a rough draft so I will go back And edit so expect changes

I spent like 3+ hours writing this

I rly like the idea, but why not make “john” and his quests more medival like? :bow_and_arrow:

However, if you wanted to keep it like it was, you could always make a quest for maxed players that was a “time travel” quest and have “john” be a part of it. :smile:

BRA THE ENTIRE POINT OF THIS QUEST IS TO PLAYERS NON-MEDIEVAL THINGS TO DO!! (Sry about the all caps) but I mean, wouldn’t you get board collecting hay for a horse all the time?

This game isn’t based off of the Middle Ages (that’s my idea tho) if you look at the architecture in port fildeo it is more of a modern Pirate-ish theme and the colosseum is the only place In The game that has “history” and even the type of clothing that people where is What you can see people to day wearing (time travel sounds like fun Tho)

Please no time travel. We don’t need a game theory episode on this.

why can’t you edit everything onto your other post instead if posting it on a whole other topic?

Mainly because there where hardly anybody who saw it and I had a lot of edits to do so I made a new post.

Oh and @berezaa I would like to here your thoughts on a quest like this. Is it to easy? I think I should add more to it and make it harder

Bruh. Please don’t go around pinging people to read your post. Developers do read lots of posts on things you know. Pinging Berezza twice wouldn’t be the best option.

I’m sry.

I wonder what beta 2.2 will bring and I wish the vesteria twitter page would be more information

But this game IS based off of medieval ages so it WOULD make sense to correlate your quests to it. It can also have magical properties as this game is set in a fantasy setting. Try to keep the quest similar to the theme and setting

But hey. That’s just a theory. A game theory!

Thank you. I feel this game is based on a medival-1600s theme than modern with basball bats.

Ok good point but baseball distended from cricket right? Well guess what sports they played in the Middle Ages. Yup you guessed it! Cricket. So technically you can add baseball as a variation of cricket. HA GET SCHOOLED.

But when was baseball invented? >:) Are we jumping into the future to find out how sports evolved?

If we have living scarecrows running around then anything is possible meaning that the advance toward baseball could have happened much earlier the in our world

Yes we are

1 Like

The scarecrows were brought to life because of a dumb mage. Nothing about modern future.

I wish you much luck with that.

We have megaphones in the game