New pets for Vesteria that anyone can obtain

Yes yes, I made a similar suggestion before. It wasn’t the best idea and involved some mechanics that were just a little too close to other IPs for comfort.

Now, I’m gonna go more in-depth on the idea for a Baby Rubee pet, and suggest some other pets as well.

Baby Rubee Pet

The quest for the Baby Rubee would be completed in both Scallop Shores and Port Fidelio. It could only be completed as a Hunter, but it can be placed in storage and given to other classes that way. It will be soulbound like the chicken and mushroom. It can only be completed once per save slot, but in Beta 2.0 when classes can be reset and you can be set back to level 10, it will be possible to obtain other pets in this list from multiple slots.

The quest person in the Hunter Outpost would tell you that the Rubee Queen entered Port Fidelio to lay one of her eggs, and you have to go defeat the Rubee Queen (which would be an hourly spawn boss like the Yeti that appears every XX:30 instead of XX:00) before obtaining the Rubee egg.

Once you’ve obtained a drop from the Queen Rubee that only drops for the quest, you bring it to the hunter quest person to show your victory, they take the quest item from you, and then they tell you where the egg is in Port Fidelio, instructing you that someone in the Salty Dog Tavern can assist you with a hint if you get lost.

Upon finding the egg, it goes into your bag if you have enough space, in the Miscellaneous pocket with other quest items. When you return to the hunter quest person, she says to hand over the egg, and your only dialogue option says “No.” They reply with “Excuse me, soldier? I gave an order, not a request!” The reply option to that is “…”. When you click it, a cutscene plays where you hold the egg in your hands and run away. After a short distance, you trip and stop the egg. That’s when the Baby Rubee flies up to you and nuzzles you. You return to the quest person and they say that all children must be born innocent because it’s not evil like it’s parents, and they tell you that since it’s an orphan, you can raise it. The Baby Rubee Pet is added to your inventory and you’re given quest rewards.

Baby Yeti Pet

This quest would be completed in the Redwood Pass and in the Warrior Stronghold. It could only be completed as a Warrior, but it can be placed in storage and given to other classes that way. It will be soulbound like the chicken and mushroom. It can only be completed once per save slot, but in Beta 2.0 when classes can be reset and you can be set back to level 10, it will be possible to obtain other pets in this list from multiple slots.

A warrior captain in the stronghold tells you that there’s a Baby Yeti somewhere in the castle. He tells you that before he’ll let you wrangle it, you have to prove to him that you can kill a full grown Yeti. You have to go defeat the Yeti in Redwood Pass and get a one-time obtainable quest item that you bring back to the warrior captain.

The warrior captain gives you a lasso weapon to catch the Baby Yeti and tells you where it is. The lasso is consumed when you capture the Baby Yeti and it begins to follow you.

The warrior captain tells you to hand it over so he can kill it. Your only response option is “No.” The warrior captain then challenges you, and your only response is “…”. A cutscene starts skating him withdrawing his sword in your direction. The Baby Yeti then headbutts his sword out of his hands and the Warrior scratches his chin. The cutscene ends and the captain says that the Baby Yeti has taken a shine to you, and he’s decided to let you keep it as long as you are to kill it before it grows old enough to cause harm. You obtain the Baby Yeti Pet and gain the quest rewards.

Baby Spiderling Pet

This quest would be completed in the Spider Queen Raid and the Tree of Life. It could only be completed as a Mage, but it can be placed in storage and given to other classes that way. It will be soulbound like the chicken and mushroom. It can only be completed once per save slot, but in Beta 2.0 when classes can be reset and you can be set back to level 10, it will be possible to obtain other pets in this list from multiple slots.

Someone elderly and knowledgeable at the Tree of Life tells you that they need someone to capture a spider egg that was laid somewhere in the roots of the tree. In order to prove yourself, he asks you to bring him a fang from the Spider Prince. This would be different from the Spider Fang loot item, it would be a soulbound quest item that you can only obtain once. When you bring it back to the sorcerer, he deems you worthy of questing for the egg and bringing the egg to him to destroy. Upon finding the egg, it goes into your bag if you have enough space, in the Miscellaneous pocket with other quest items.

When you bring the egg to him, your only response when he demands you hand it over is “Sorry, but I can’t.” He then says that it’s an order, and he bares his magic at you. Your next response is “…”. A cutscene plays where you blink away, tripping over a tree root and dropping the egg. It hatches and jumps on your back, and when you get up, it sits on your shoulder. The game returns you to the mage, and he decides that not all creatures are born evil, so he allows you to raise the Baby Spiderling Pet. It gets added to your inventory and you get quest rewards.

What do you think of my pet quest ideas? Do you think they could use improvements or changes? Feel free to leave comments below!

Now, it’s voting time!

• I like the Baby Rubee Pet
  • I like the Baby Spidering Pet
  • I like the Baby Yeti Pet
  • I do not like any of your ideas
  • I like some of your ideas, but I have an improvement for _____ (comment below).

0 voters

I would love a spiderling pet ngl

Personally, I want to see the development team finally release some timed Ethyr exclusive pets personally.

Also, quest-obtainable pets are already planned.

Models for the spiderling and baby yeti pet are already in the game - you can see them in the testing environment .

Ye I agree.
This helps the devs but also gives a chance for people to pay for pets who didn’t get the chicken pet.

I would say yes to everything here besides the certain class-only part.

would the spiderling pet and the yeti pet be drops from the spider queen and the yeti? or will they be from quests?

hopefully vesteria doesn’t become pet simulator all over again, just saying