A ton of factors including +80 steel swords effectively being level 60 items under the new atk/def formula, exploiting/TOD/dev screw ups ravaging the economy, our desire to implement a new weapon perks system and redo the scrolling system and other stuff is leading us to believe that an enchantment and money wipe is required.
What is coming:
- Equipment tiers (i.e. shop items = common, quest/chest items = rare, boss raid items = legendary. Higher tier items get more upgrade slots and have unique perks)
- All equipment at the same level having the same numbers (i.e. all Level 20 staffs, swords, daggers, bows will all have the exact same base weapon attack on them- regardless of rarity)
- Dynamic equipment perks on rare+ items (i.e. Webbed Staff applies slowness to enemies hit with its basic attack, Royal Fang steals MP from enemies hit, Spider Fang dagger applies poison to enemies hit with its basic attack, Solar Staff launches 3 smaller golden magic bombs instead of 1 large blue bomb, Batty Dagger removes the cooldown of Shadow Step, allowing you to use it nonstop until your MP runs out, etc.). By standardizing the number values of all equipment and adding unique perks like this, choosing the optimal equipment becomes up to your gameplay preference rather than just a numbers game.
- Class perks to balance & distinguish the three classes instead of using equipment numbers
- Ranging Gear not being useless
- Tier 2 colo weps and colo bow
- Ability pre-requisites (i.e. Magic Bomb requires Lvl.3 Zap to unlock, Ground Slam requires Level.3 Quick Slash to unlock, etc.)
What is getting reset:
- The enchantments/upgrades/attempts on all equipment
What is NOT getting reset:
- Your level & class
- The items in your inventory/storage
- Dyes, custom item names and item lore on your equipment
When this is happening
A small update to improve the ability upgrading experience, fix bugs, Zap overhaul and the new adventurer ability is scheduled for today. Everything else is scheduled for release on
September 7th, Exactly 2 weeks from today. We also expect to make groundbreaking progress on subclasses during these two weeks, thanks to the new addition of Davidii to our team as a contractor. The next major update after the item enchantments overhaul is expected to be a level cap expansion and the release of subclasses.
I hear you on poor communication and transparency with big changes and updates. I’ll be pushing myself to regularly make these announcements and try to share our thought processes and answer questions/concerns on a public forum.
We’ve spent a lot of time struggling with productivity and team dynamic issues, and also grappling with rework after rework. A free release of the game is eventually planned, so a lot of these harsh changes have been experiments to see if we can morph the game into something more palatable. Many of these experiments have been poorly communicated and a lot were downright mistakes. That being said, I think we’re at a point where we have a clear vision for the game again- and that’s important to have to keep going forward. We’re in content mode now baby, and we’re excited to deliver that good stuff again.
Comments Warning: comments on this thread are restricted to questions or intellectual discussion that expands on what’s already been written or draws new conclusions that have not already been stated. If your comment could be expressed as an emote reaction to this thread, use the reaction system instead. Comments that purely express opinion without expanding on the material will be deleted regardless of sentiment.