Bereza's Idea for Tomes

Ber once stated in one of his streams his idea for tomes/books.

To summarize his rant, he said that if tomes were added they would carry specific perks with them that changed the users attack style. For example, a lightning tome that has a chance to send a lightning bolt chaining through targets on hit. Or a fire tome that can ignite the target on hit.

His goal is for tomes to be selected based on user play style. So a high level could use an early game tome just because of its play style. There is no tome “level”.

TL;DR (for impatient people lol)

If tomes were added, they would give the user a specific perk that changes their attack style (like venom bomb). And all tomes are equal in strength.

What do you guys think of this? Should it be scrapped or added?

4 Likes

id like for this to happen, using a lv25 weapon at lv45 just for the perk makes 0 sense to me.

1 Like

This is exactly what I would want Tomes to do.

:grin:

1 Like

I LOVE this idea. I would remove the weapon perks (most are kinda dumb anyways) and add these.

ADD THEM

1 Like

Here’s an example, A high level gets a tome from Mo Ko Tu Aa, but they would rather use a tome from Chad because it fits their play style more. The “level” of the tome is the players level. So they’re all equal in strength.

I like this, pretty similar to my idea for tomes, where they have perks instead of the weapons. (cough here cough)

tl:dr you’d get tomes as a drop that would have a level, but you would also have perks to go in the tome to do things

Ber’s idea*