Balancing the Different Paths from the Great Crossroads (And Also New Map Suggestions)

So, I’ve noticed that the paths of the Great Crossroads aren’t really “balanced”.
The path for Hunters has an extra location for practically no reason, and it has way more locations connected to it than the other paths.
This is really only a concern because I hate when stuff isn’t consistent, but as minor as it is I still think it should be more balanced.

Hunter Path:

• Seaside Path
    • Scallop Shores
      • The Colosseum
        • Lost Corridor
      • Port Fidelio
        • Forsaken Isle
      • The Gauntlet
        • Whispering Dunes
  • Crabby Den

Warrior Path

• Redwood Pass
    • Warrior Stronghold
      • [UPCOMING] Tribute Wars

Mage Path

• Enchanted Forest
    • Lost Corridor
    • The Spider Queen
    • Tree of Life
      • Spider Queen’s Revenge (Can we maybe rename one to Spider King because that’s confusing).

So, as you can see, the Warrior Path has only three locations, Mage Path has five locations, and Hunter Path has NINE. I don’t like that this isn’t consistent. So, the question is, how do we fix it?

For starters, how about moving the Colosseum somewhere else? Take a look at @Meta’s post right here.

Another option would be to move the entrance to the Colosseum to Redwood Pass, where you would just continue down the path until you found the Colosseum entrance. This would make it more accessible, but moving the entrance to the Great Crossroads would be the best idea.

So, we’ve moved the Colosseum entrance to the Great Crossroads, meaning we’ve eliminated 2 locations from the Hunter path’s long list. Now, let’s take a look at Seaside Path.

Seaside Path is completely unnecessary, and neither of the other factions’ paths have an extra location. Seaside Path needs to be removed. Gertrude and the Fisherman should be moved to either Nilgarf or the Great Crossroads (similar to the rework of Mushtown). As for Crabby Den, it should be moved to Scallop Shores.

Speaking of Crabby Den, Redwood Pass and the Enchanted Forest don’t have grinding areas like it. You don’t see “Treemuk Woods” or “Goblin Camp”, do you? There are two options to remedy this. Remove Crabby Den, or add grinding areas for Treemuks and Goblins. Personally, I think a grinding area for Goblins could replace the Lost Corridor location, and a grinding area for Treemuks could be placed in Redwood Pass somewhere along the base of the mountain. And since there’s a Fishing Rod in Crabby Den, why not add a Pickaxe tool in a chest in the Treemuk Forest and a special Hatchet for cutting trees in the Goblin Camp?

So, where are we now? Seaside Path, The Colosseum and Lost Corridor have been either removed or replaced, bringing our total in the Hunter Path down to 6. Good. Meanwhile, Warrior path now has a new grinding area, so the total there is now 4. Good. And the Mage path is still 5. So, we’re getting close. Each path has ONE location, connected to a Grinding Area, the Faction City, and a minigame in the Faction City.

Except there’s no minigame in Port Fidelio, it’s in Scallop Shores instead.

Also let’s give The Yeti his own location that’s a cave full of Baby Yeti’s, and the Yeti spawns every hour.

So now our paths look like this:

Hunter

• Scallop Shores
    • Crabby Den
    • Port Fidelio
      • The Gauntlet -> Whispering Dunes (The Hunter-Occupied Gauntlet should be a place in Dunes instead of a separate location).
      • Forsaken Isle
    • Shiprock Bottom

Warrior

• Redwood Pass
    • Treemuk Forest
    • Yeti Cave
    • Warrior Stronghold
      • Tribute Wars

Mage

• Enchanted Forest
    • Goblin Outpost
    • Spider Queen Lair
    • Tree of Life
      • SQR Dungeon

So now, we have the final issue, which is Shiprock Bottom. I think Shiprock Bottom should be connected to Crabby Den. When you get far enough into the water in Crabby Den, you will find yourself sinking straight into Shiprock Bottom.

Similarly, if you are in the Treemuk Forest, if you go deep enough into the forest you will find yourself in a place where the enemies are called Timber Wolves.

Go far enough when your in the Goblin Camp and you’ll find yourself in the Orcs’ lair.

This means our final result will be this:

The Great Crossroads

• [HUNTER] Scallop Shores
    • Crabby Den
      • Shiprock Bottom
    • Port Fidelio
      • Forsaken Isle
      • The Gauntlet -> Whispering Dunes
  • [WARRIOR] Redwood Pass
    • Treemuk Forest
      • Timberwolves’ Woods
    • Yeti Cave
    • Warrior Stronghold
      • Tribute Wars
  • [MAGE] Enchanted Forest
    • Goblin Outpost
      • Orc Camp
    • Spider Queen Lair
    • SQR Dungeon
    • Tree of Life

And now, everything is balanced.
TL;DR look at the bullet lists I made. That’s what I want the paths from Great Crossroads to look like.

I believe the lore explanation for why Hunters got Forsaken Isle and Whispering Dunes is because Hunters are the newest faction, thus with more to explore.

They also have the biggest city, guild making hall, and the most maps. Not to mention they’re OP. I think this is a great idea.

They have the most stuff gained b/c the other factions are much older and have likely already explored everything there is to explore in their areas.