Perhaps after mining, wood cutting ( basket weaving if it ever becomes an actual profession )are added we could get more advanced professions. These professions may require experience in working as well as the support of the basic progressions .
• Blacksmithing : Players who chose this profession are capable of making weapon /armor variants as well as custom armor. An example of custom armor would be the knight of the night’s armor. Blacksmiths are also capable of making armor in different colors of course dye is required .
• Chefs : players who chose this profession are capable of making food like the mighty sub and other dishes that grant the user unique buffs.
• Potion makers : Just like chef’s players who choose this profession could make could make complex potions that could buff multiple aspects of you and your allies.
• Fishing : players who choose this profession will be capable of capture rare fish with their fishing rods in any body of water.
• Gardener : players who chose this profession will be able to raise all sorts of plants with the right soil.
( I’ll definitely add more to this suggestion later )