I played right after the update and mages became downright stinky, low damage, low melee capability and kinda squishy overall. It just doesn’t feel right.
- Revert the mage bomb change. Although the change allows mages to experiment with DEX/INT hybrids, it’s still quite stupid to make casting magic spells require dexterity. It also takes a big chunk out of mages’ DPM (I know the damage was jacked up, it still is an overall decrease) as Venom Bomb was basically squished from 4 puddles to 1. Either revert the change or jack the damage up even more at the cost of radius.
- More abilities. Mages’ ability pool has always been dry, 3 abilities plus 3-4 subclass abilities is quite lacking compared to, say, hunters and warriors. Perhaps add unique spells such as debuffs; Warrior has a war cry and a stun, why not a magical bolt which causes knockback or such?
- Smoother spell casting and the choice to intercept a spell casting at any time. As simple as it sounds; make the casting animation smoother and a keybind to cancel the animations.
- Tomes. Yes. Just a simple bound book in Nilgarf or forgotten in the Dunes would help, equippable as an offhand. A simple buff to your INT stats or something is always welcome.
- A dungeon with mage exclusive armour. SQR has the Arachnid set; Forsaken has the masks; and mages don’t have anything. I know this may take a long time to make, but it is well deserved.